Lead Backend Developer – Go / GoLang
Fullstack is currently working on behalf of an innovative technology company in the heart of Rotterdam, assisting with their search for an experienced Backend Developer with solid Go / GoLang skills. This is an initial 6mth contract, but the whole project will last around 2yrs.
This new venture sets out to do things differently – taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so this is very much a project that’ll keep you on your technology-toes.
We’re looking for a Lead Backend developer who will be part of a core engineering team, taking on some of their most demanding challenges to build and create the most cutting-edge products. You will be the engineering lead and making key decisions on architecture, technology and development standards. Working in an agile environment with a high degree of freedom, this role requires an individual with a strong mind, good stakeholder management skills and preferably some entrepreneurial flair.
You Must have:
- Experienced in Go development – be able to make decisions, create and cut code to build best in class platform.
- One or more: Java, Python, C++, React, NodeJS, R to be able to work cross functionally with both Front end Developers and Data scientists.
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience in test driven development & writing of unit tests
- Experience of Git
- Production Environment Build experience
- Experience of Agile (Scrum & Kanban)
- Cloud experience (Microsoft Azure and/or AWS, Google Cloud )
It would be good to have:
- Setting up CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in ‘Infrastructure as code’
- Mobile app development (IOS & Android, React Native)
- Startup or Innovation lab experience where you will have had to solve complex problems – true greenfield customer and design driven build.
- Work in small teams with no senior management – need to make calls and be confident in your decision making.
This is an excellent opportunity for any Go / GoLang enthusiast who is looking for an exciting project to really sink their teeth in to. If you’re interested and would like to apply please send me your CV asap.