Head of Engineeringcreative45
Head of Engineering
£120-150K/yr + bonus
London or Remote
Fullstack London has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Engineering, to join a worldwide Media organisation based in Central London. This is a remote-first client, so full home-working is available though they do have office space available if required.
The Role:We’re looking for a Head of Engineering with excellent leadership skills and an entrepreneurial mindset to lead the Engineering department. You’ll need to be familiar with working in a high-growth (startup/scaleup) environment and have the ability to make quick decisions, at times with limited information.
As the Head of Engineering you’ll be reporting directly into the CTO and leading software engineering teams and technical strategy. Working closely with the Heads of Infrastructure, QA, Security and IT Services you’ll be a critical part of the IT Leadership Team delivering projects and initiatives to support business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring the development and delivery of software and platforms to 100,000+ customers and 300 internal users
- Leadership and management of the engineering teams with a focus on developing their skills, driving creativity, and increasing productivity
- Working closely with the CTO, departmental peers and senior stakeholders to deliver our technical, business and growth objectives
- Working closely with the Product team and senior stakeholders, leading engineering planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritising development initiatives
- Owning the development methodology and aligning with the executive team to improve development processes, prioritise projects and manage multiple workstreams
- Finding, evaluating and implementing new technologies and vendor products that yield a competitive advantage as well as discussing technology strategy, systems and platforms with partners and investors
What do we require?
- Outstanding people management and team leadership skills driving a culture of continual learning and progression
- Extensive experience in software engineering, system development and system architecture
- Extensive knowledge in developing complex and highly scalable products using multiple technologies and languages
- Subject matter expertise in a number of technology areas including .NET, C#, SQL Server, React (advantageous), Flutter (advantageous), Docker, AWS or Azure and Azure Functions
- Strong business and product acumen; be able to solve complex business and product problems through technical solutions
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and organisational skills.
For more information or if you’d like to apply please get in touch asap or send your CV via our contact form.